Monday, January 12, 2009

Exclusive: Draft Journal - Ramses Barden, WR


January 10, 2009

Right now I am in West Lake Village working out for the Combine and Senior Bowl. It is a quiet town with not too many distractions.

I am working out with Travelle Gaines at Elite Fitness. A lot of others are doing the same thing I am doing. There are guys from 1st rounders to free agents. Right now I am training with Brandon Gibson, Coye Francies, Chris Owens (my roommate), Jerraud Powers, a safety from Arizona State and Nevada, Khalil Bell and number of linemen. One linemen from UC Davis so we are familiar with each other. Some others working out are Brigham Harwell, and some QB Mike Reilly and Rudy Carpenter. I feel like there will be more to come in the next week or so. Everybody is working hard. We got a good culture. It has been a good experience so far. I am getting faster, stronger, and quicker. All of the things that will help me make the transition to the NFL and not only make me better but show my skills that have attracted scouts so far.

I received Shrine and Senior Bowl invites but I am only going to the Senior Bowl. I feel Senior Bowl helps me with timing to let me train more before a bowl game and gives me a chance against the best competition in the country to show I am as good as or better than those.

I got the combine invite in the last week or so. All of the chips are falling into place. I just want to make sure I get the most out of each day as far as getting better, staying focused, and getting mentally prepared.

I will be back Friday.

Sincerely,
Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly


Photo Credit: Matt Brown Photography

0 Comments: