Thursday, January 8, 2009

Beanie Buckeye Declares!


Ohio State running back Chris "Beanie" Wells announced Thursday that he will forgo his senior season and enter the NFL draft.

"I want to thank my teammates, my coaches, my teachers and the academic advisors for all they have done, and I definitely want to thank the Buckeye fans for all their support, Wells said in a statement. Ohio State has become like a family to me, and it will always be that way. But in the best interest of my family, it's time to move on and take a chance at fulfilling my lifetime dream of playing in the NFL."

He will spend next week training for the NFL Combine at D1 Sports Training in Nashville, which is co-owned by Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning. One of Wells advisers contacted D1 Sports president and CEO Will Bartholomew on Thursday morning about having the running back train there, according to corporate public relations director Matt Toy.

Photo Credit: Collegiate Images

0 Comments: