SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-8 • 200 • Senior
Tucker, Ga. (HS)
* Brown rushed for a career-high 180 yards on 16 carries with a career-high three touchdowns in Georgia's 45-17 win over Ole Miss.
* Brown's 50-yard TD run in the second quarter tied the score, 7-7. It is the tied for Georgia's longest rush of the season.
* Early in the fouth quarter, Brown scampered 41 yards for a touchdown. He also had a 4-yard TD run in the third quarter.
* Brown also had an 11-yard pass reception and two kickoff returns for 18 yards, for a total of 209 all-purpose yards.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-9 • 183 • Sophomore
Decatur, Ala. (HS)
* Powers tallied a career-high nine total tackles and a pass deflection in Auburn's 20-17 win over Florida.
* Powers was part of an Auburn defense that held the SEC's top-ranked total and scoring offensive team to 205 yards and 32 points below the Gators season averages.
* The Tiger defense allowed just one play over 25 yards and held Florida without a first down on five of 10 offensive posessions.
* For the season, Powers has a team-high 29 total tackles, 18 solos, with two for losses, and four pass deflections.
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 123 • Freshman
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (St. Thomas Aquinas HS)
* Byrum connected on two field goals, including the game-winning 43 yarder as time expired, in Auburn's 20-17 win at Florida.
* Byrum's 30-yard field goal in the third quarter, put the Tigers ahead, 17-3.
* He also had a touchback on four kickoffs.
* For the season, the true freshman has hit eight-of-10 field goals and leads the Tigers in scoring with 39 points. He is perfect inside the 40-yard line and has five touchbacks.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 300 • Junior
Louisville, Ky. (Seneca HS)
* Williams graded out a 88 percent, with four knockdown blocks, and did not allow a sack or hurry in Kentucky's 45-17 win over Florida Atlantic.
* Kentucky extended its school-record streak of five consecutive games with at least 40 points.
* UK had 514 total offensive yards against the Owls, the ninth straight game of at least 400 total offensive yards for the Wildcats.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 245 • Freshman
Mobile, Ala. (Davidson HS)
* Ambrose tied for the team lead with eight tackles (career-high) in Arkansas' 66-7 win over North Texas.
* Of his eight tackles, four were solos, against the Mean Green.
* He also talled 1.5 tackles for loss (-8 yards), including a half-sack (-6 yards).
* The Arkansas defense held North Texas to only seven points and 140 yards rushing.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 221
Tuscaloosa, Ala. (American Christian HS)
* Making just the second start of his career, Smelley completed 19-of-37 passes for 279 yards with two touchdowns (all career highs) in South Carolina's 38-21 win against Mississippi State.
* With Carolina trailing 21-17 late in the third quarter, Smelley hit Kenny McKinley with a 27-yard TD pass to put the Gamecocks ahead, 24-21.
* On the ensuing USC drive, Smelley led Carolina to another touchdown. A key play of the drive, was a 48-yard strike to McKinley that set up Mike Davis' 2-yard TD run.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 4
LB EZEKIAL KNIGHT (Alabama) -- Led Crimson Tide with nine tackles, with two for losses, including a sack, against Florida State.
RB FELIX JONES (Arkansas) -- Tallied 216 all-purpose yards, including 138 rushing and two touchdows, against North Texas.
WR ROD SMITH (Auburn) -- Caught team-best nine passes for 102 yards against Florida.
LB BRANDON SPIKES (Florida) -- Led Gators with 10 total tackles, including 3.5 behind the line (-15 yards) and a pass deflection against Auburn.
LB DANNELL ELLERBE (Georgia) -- Led Bulldogs with career-best eight tackles and a half-TFL against Ole Miss.
QB ANDRE' WOODSON (Kentucky) -- Completed 26 of 33 passes for 301 yards and five touchdowns against Florida Atlantic.
DB CRAIG STELTZ (LSU) -- Led Tigers with seven tackles, one for a loss, a pass deflection and a fumble recovery against Tulane.
RB BENJARVUS GREEN-ELLIS (Ole Miss) -- Rushed for 108 yards on 22 carries and a touchdown against Georgia.
RB ANTHONY DIXON (Mississippi State) -- Led the Bulldogs with 83 yards on 22 rushing attempts and two touchdowns against South Carolina.
WR KENNY McKINLEY (South Carolina) -- Caught four passes for 107 yards and two touchdowns against Mississippi State.
WR EARL BENNETT (Vanderbilt) -- Caught nine passes for 93 yards and a touchdown against Eastern Michigan.
Photo Credit: SECSPORTSMEDIA.com