Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Q&A: Dace Richardson, Iowa

In our never-ending search to bring you information about the players you need to know, the NFL Draft Bible goes one-on-one with Iowa offensive lineman Dace Richardson, fresh off the Hawkeyes' Orange Bowl victory. The Big Ten All-Conference selection played three different positions this past year, displaying the type of versatility that has NFL scouts buzzing…

What are your official height and weight, and do you have a recent forty time?

Six-five, 305 pounds and I ran it in 5.45 seconds.

What do you consider your biggest strength?

I believe my biggest strength is my work ethic. I am always focusing on ways to get better.

What part of your game have you worked on improving?

I have been working on my leverage in pass protection. I watch film to make sure I get my hands inside of the defensive lineman, to get leverage instead of grabbing from the outside.

Where have you been training? How often do you workout to stay in shape?

I will start my training on Monday, January 11 at the University of Iowa and we will be training five days a week.

Who is the toughest opponent/teammate you have faced? How did you fare?

The toughest opponent I have gone against this year was Jared Odrick from Penn State. I held my own with him and played a good game.

Which coach has had the biggest impact on your playing career up to this point?

I believe that Coach Kirk Ferentz has had a big impact on my playing career. He is always hands-on with the offensive line at practice and he has tremendous knowledge of line play.

Are there any players that you would compare yourself to? Did you have a favorite player growing up?

I can’t think of anyone to compare myself to but my favorite player growing up was Emmitt Smith.

What do you like to do with your free time, do you have a hobby?

On my free time I like to fish and hang out with friends and also play Call of Duty.

What is something that people might not know about you?

That in college I took acting classes, and after I graduated last May I made theatre my second major this past fall.

If you could invite any three guests for dinner past or present, who would they be?

I would first invite President Obama because it would be an honor to meet our President and then I would also invite Jonathan Ogden to learn his work ethic he had in the NFL and how he found ways to be better than his competition. Lastly I would invite Jared Allen to learn things from a defensive perspective and learn how to not tip defensive linemen off.

What are your future goals outside of playing in the NFL?

When football is over I might try getting into acting. I have always been interested in that.

Why should a NFL team draft you?

I believe a NFL team should draft me because they will get a guy who is a hard worker and has come from a coach that knows how to train and develop good offensive linemen (Coach Ferentz).

Photos Courtesy of Iowa Sports Information

0 Comments: